You may have heard that drinking lemon water has benefits when it comes to living a healthier lifestyle. Drinking lemon water is definitely something you should add to your daily routine if you haven’t already.
There are many benefits that you may or may not already be aware of that are associated with lemons. Knowing these benefits could possibly make you more motivated to drink lemon water daily.
I started drinking lemon water about a year and a half ago, because I was diagnosed with having a kidney stone and I went researching for ways to make it dissolve or something to naturally help me to pass it.
I came across several articles about how lemons helped dissolve kidney stones. I didn’t believe it until I went back to the doctor to have an ultra sound two months after I started adding lemon juice to my water and the stone was gone.
I never felt it pass through, I just know the pain was gone and the doctor couldn’t find it on the ultra sound. After that I started to research what other benefits drinking lemon juice had.
I will admit that drinking it did require some getting used to at first. I had to start taking shots of it because I wasn’t use to the bitter taste. After a few days I could add it into my glass of water and it began to taste good.
It is always best to drink lemon water warm because this will allow you to get the most benefits from it. Even though there are many benefits of drinking lemon water here are my top 10.
- It aids the digestive system and makes it easier to eliminate waste from your body. This is great especially if you are someone who gets constipated a lot. You have to flush toxins from your body in order to feel energized and not be sick.
- Cures the common cold. Lemons are packed full of Vitamin C which helps your body to fight off colds and infections.
- Helps brain function. The potassium in lemons help to nourish the brain and nerves.
- Aids in weight loss. Lemons help you to release toxins and lemon juice is also a no calorie drink when you are thirsty.
- Replenish body salts after your workout session. Drinking lemon juice is better than drinking sports drinks after working out because it hydrates you body better.
- Helps with Urinary Tract Infections. Lemon juice helps to balance the pH levels in the blood stream so that harmful bacteria in the urinary tract will go away faster.
- Gives you beautiful skin. Vitamin C aids in the production of collagen and can prevent wrinkles from forming. The pH balance also helps prevent acne from occurring.
- Helps prevent bad breath. Lemon water gets rid of the bacteria in the mouth and possibly prevents bad breath.
- Decreases the amount of mucus and phlegm. Drinking lemon water can decrease the amount of mucus build up that drinking cow’s milk often can cause.
- Takes away hunger cravings. Lemons have pectin fiber which is known to reduce hunger.
This is my top 10 list of benefits of drinking lemon water. I am curious to know if you drink lemon water, what benefits do you get from it? Leave a comment below.